One important thing that many self-professed occultists – and latter-day satanists – forget or don’t know or can’t comprehend is that to understand and appreciate the Order of Nine Angles (to know what being O9A means) you really have to know about and understand and appreciate the sinister-numinous life of the pseudonymous Anton Long.
(i) as mentioned in the essay Myatt, The Septenary Anados, And The Quest For Lapis Philosophicus [pdf] he created the O9A – and devised the seven fold way – as things, presencings, “which can lead to the creation of strong, really dangerous, ruthless individuals [and] which are so subversive that no laws could ever outlaw them, and that attempts to restrain them, to outlaw them, would only make them more attractive to some individuals.”
(ii) His own strange life is suﬃcient of itself to illustrate what a dedicated, modern, decades-long occult quest for knowledge and wisdom is all about and involves.
(iii) He is an example of what the Seven Fold Way means and implies in real life, re:
(a) overcoming physical challenges (running a marathon, cycling over 200 miles in 12 hours, etc);
(b) exeatic living;
(c) undertaking criminal ‘insight roles’;
(d) experience of both the sinister (neo-nazi extremism, inciting murder and terrorism, running a gang of thieves, etc) and the numinous (being a monk, a nurse, writing poetry, etc); and
(e) scholarly learning (translating and writing the most comprehensive (to date) commentary on the ancient Pymander tractate, etc).
Understood thus, the Order of Nine Angles is just:
(1) The esoteric philosophy of Anton Long. Ontology → causal/acausal. Epistemology → causal knowing + acausal knowing. Ethics → code (logos) of kindred honour.
(2) The occult praxises, based on that philosophy, codified by Anton Long; especially the Seven Fold Way with its roots in Hellenic hermeticism and influenced by Arabic and Indic esoteric sources.
(3) The pagan Rounwytha (Camlad) tradition with its emphasis on the muliebral virtues and muliebral occult skills (such as empathy).
(4) The modern unique example that the strange, sinister-numinous, documented life of the pseudonymous Anton Long affords. [A life documented under his ‘real’ name.]
(5) Those who are influenced by, or are inspired by, or seek to emulate/practice (1) – (4).
(6) Those who desire to became another unique example to others by equalling or surpassing the strange, sinister-numinous, life of the pseudonymous Anton Long.
Little wonder then that, ignoring or ignorant of these six things, the latter-day satanists – pompously, arrogantly, or because of their prejudice – write such BS about the O9A.
Editorial Note: The above item was posted on 05/12/14 on a (private and now defunct) O9A FB group. It has been slightly revised by its author, JB, for publication. The views expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect either the views of the TWS Nexion or the views of others associating themselves with the occult movement that is the O9A.